Half-Life Decay Forum Index Half-Life Decay
Official website of PC port of Half-Life: Decay addon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Decay Help Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Half-Life Decay Forum Index -> General discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ernis123

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinndawg man next time use google ok?

Quote:
If you are getting this error when you try to run a game, it is caused by a sound setting that is set out of range.

Go to the game options and go to the audio and grab both volume sliders and center them, then exit options.

When you next run the game, you'll have to set your sound volume so it is comfortable but you won't have that error any more.

If this problem returns the next time you run the game, your config.cfg file might be set to "read-only" or you might have the offending settings in your userconfig.cfg file. You'll have to make the file writable, fix the problem, then set it back to read-only when you are done.

If the settings are in your userconfig.cfg file then you'll have to manually go and delete the setting (just look for the error value that the game is failing with, typically 510).
MosIPos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a little problem finding my way on dy_lasers. See I get down the elevator at the start and go through that whole shebang killing everything. I get through this dark area where a scientist screams and gets killed before I can reach him, then past that there's a door that I can't open with a dead scientist behind it. I figure sure, that door can't be opened yet. I go back and find these lasers that I can direct using mirrors that I pop up using the buttons located on the walls. However this seems to do nothing. I remember in the beginning there was this locked door, so I try a lot of different combinations to see if the lock opens but no.
Basically, I can't get into the door by the elevator, it's locked. I can't get through the large door with the dead scientist behind it and the lasers don't do nothing. Help?
Barnz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the retinal scanner next to the vending machines.
Westerien547

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In dy_dorms, when I bring the security guard to Dr. Keller with Gina and Collete, Keller tells me I need to bring him a security guard, and nothing happens! I can't bear through and finish the map because of that. Is this a bug of sorts? Am I doing something askew?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vinndawg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ernis, google is a good idea yes, thanks for the help..

ernis123 wrote:
vinndawg man next time use google ok?

Quote:
If you are getting this error when you try to run a game, it is caused by a sound setting that is set out of range.

Go to the game options and go to the audio and grab both volume sliders and center them, then exit options.

When you next run the game, you'll have to set your sound volume so it is comfortable but you won't have that error any more.

If this problem returns the next time you run the game, your config.cfg file might be set to "read-only" or you might have the offending settings in your userconfig.cfg file. You'll have to make the file writable, fix the problem, then set it back to read-only when you are done.

If the settings are in your userconfig.cfg file then you'll have to manually go and delete the setting (just look for the error value that the game is failing with, typically 510).

ernis123

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Westerien:
http://decay.half-lifecreations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=262

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In dy_lasers, after shutting down the lasers and subsequently sending the second player down to the three crystals, I can't seem to find a way to lower the deflectors or shut them off... I seem to be able to crouch through said deflectors due to some bug, but neither of the two buttons that are there will work for me. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by Westerien547 on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ernis123

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Westerien, you have to push the "Security Override" button and close the door if you don't do that you can't turn on lasers/lower or rise the deflectors...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I connect to my friend's dedicated server, I get HORRIBLE ping (800+) when in dorms. It's not like that on the other levels, JUST DORMS. We can't even continue on with the game. Any suggestions?

PS: My machine is a beast, and my connections damned good; it isn't hardware.
Kampy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in dy_lasers the wheelchair guy wont let me back up with the elevator.
No matter how I switch the lasers he just wont let me up again. What should the situation of the lasers be?
Barnz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three colors, and white.
Kampy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how
Sandler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a hint: Each Crystal must be charged first with a laser. Use specific lasers to do that to each crystal.
Kampy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah now I got it... you just have to shoot the right colors into the holes.. oh boy.. well Im in the next mission now and my HL just crashed when the "huge" flying alien bomber arrived damn.
Ramare

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Elp Reply with quote

I need a tad but help, i am using the retail WON Half-Life and i made a multiplayer game and i can't switch characters with g can someone help...
And P.S. Will this mod even WORK on WON? Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Half-Life Decay Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: