Half-Life Decay Forum Index Half-Life Decay
Official website of PC port of Half-Life: Decay addon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opposing Life2Life is done ;']

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Half-Life Decay Forum Index -> A place to talk about everything
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sixcentgeorge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Opposing Life2Life is done ;'] Reply with quote

at least : mod is done . it plays well with hl steam and hl won , you can make windows or linux dedicated server with , it has multiplayer maps from valve and gearbox because i used opt_plns.exe from : XP-Cagey's thirteenth modified release of Merl's 1.7 build of the half life compile tools .
as an example i use map ba_xen2.bsp of blue-shift , program shows a line :
planes 32716/32767 654320/655340 (99.8)VERY FULL!
after working on map it writes "incredible things" ;] :
Planes in map: 32716
Planes actually used: 10824

i make it in two versions :
low-definition and high-definition models ( low-definition is perfect for server ).

opposing life2life with hd models requires 500 Mo of free ram ; archive is oplife_final_hd_7z.exe : 308 Mo , 909 Mo of files that use 1 Go of hd .
http://www.filefront.com/14497379/oplife_final_hd_7z.exe/

opposing life2life with ld models requires 250 Mo of free ram ; archive is oplife_final_ld_7z.exe : 264 Mo , 764 Mo of files that use 868 Mo of hd .
http://www.filefront.com/14497701/oplife_final_ld_7z.exe/

first of all : big thanks to all people who made mods and models that are used in this one .
that means :

Arrange Mode : ReBirth
Azure Sheep
Before
BlackOpsRedux
Blue Shift
Decay
DiamonD Half Life
Escape from the Darkness
Heart of Evil Napalm Edition
Induction
Invasion
Operation Black Thunder
Opposing Force & Redux
Paranoia
Poke646
Residual Point
Sven Co-op
Sweet Half-Life
Todesangst 2
Visitors
Wanted!
Wilson Chronicles .

There is a special thanks to the mod Half-Life: Visitors for letting me use the three first maps .

to make the mod i also used two wonderfull tools :
Entdata optimizer tool and opt_plns . they managed to reduce size of maps of 9103725 bytes for the multiplayer one's and 15978972 bytes for the single player one's , so it is around 150 ko per maps . with the use of them both the jaba_tv does no longer crash under windows after few minutes .

to set up a dedicated server with hldsupdatetool.exe , make it for valve , after you can delete the valve folder ; the gearbox folder is needed for the use of jk_botti bots .
i advise to use the low-definition version of mod for the server .

to launch server or game : hl.exe , hlds.exe or ./hlds_run -game oplife +map op4ctf_crash.bsp -insecure +maxplayers 32 -netthread -num_edicts 4096 -heapsize 470719
with windows programs : -noipx

the value for heapsize is the maximum that hl.exe of won can have .
most of object i added are not solids because they were not in map at the time of compilation , i ll see if new dlls can be made to solve that and ask Gearbox & Valve about recompiling maps .

have some fun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Half-Life Decay Forum Index -> A place to talk about everything All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: